Table Of Contents
i: General Etiquette
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Do not encourage players who are acting out or against the rules, especially while a mod or an admin are dealing with them.
- Do not interject or attempt to speak on the behalf of the Staff; if you have something to add to the situation, then please PM us instead. Speaking on our behalf is akin to asking for OP and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Do not ask to be promoted to another group, or to be given special abilities. If you have a plugin suggestion, please make a post on the forums.
- Any players caught breaking or disregarding rules will be punished accordingly.
- Respect other player’s builds. If you are an Architect we may demote you to a Builder.
- Do not try to subvert the rules of the server.
- Game chat can move fast sometimes. Do not to fill it up with all caps Repeated chat spam will result in you being muted.
i: Things you should know when you first join our server.
ii: What to expect from the Staff
Things you should know when you first join our server
Q: What are all these pretty colors in chat?
A: Our Player Ranks are as follows:
- New players are Yellow(Yellow)
- Builders are Light Blue
- Architects Light Green
- Moderators are Gold
- Admins/OPs are Dark Red
To understand what the differences are between groups, please read the User Permissions.
Q: What are the Server Details?
A: All the plugins, as well as general info about the server settings can be found here.
Q: Why can’t I deal damage to anyone?
A: Minecraft Unchained only allows PvP in The Badlands. To enter The Badlands, head to spawn and look for the portal.
Q: Why is the Elysium spawn so big?
A: The world spawn is huge because we will be actively trying to get new players to spread out. The Outer towers are also associated with a smaller no-build region.
Q: How do I find my way around the world?
A: Check out the dynamic map for Minecraft Unchained to find a place to build. Around spawn, there are portals leading to each edge of the map so travel is relatively easy.
Q: How do I get promoted to Architect?
A: Architect promotion is based on trust level, how well that person gets along with other players and if they are fairly active. If we trust you with TnT and lava, then you will get the promotion.
Q: Can I advertise another server on here?
A: Adverising other servers while you are playing on Minecraft Unchained is disrespectful to the people that put the time and energy to bring the server to the public. Advertising will most likely result in a ban at the moderator’s discretion.
Q: Is it possible to appeal a ban?
A: There are thousands of minecraft servers available to play. Moving on to greener worlds is probably the best bet.
Q: Why am I in jail?
A: You’ve been jailed, because a staff member wants your undivided attention. To make your stay shorter please cooperate and listen to what is being said.
What to expect from the Staff
Q: How do I get a region/region expansion?
A: If you need one feel free to ask an Admin or OP when they are on.
Q: The staff member I am trying to talk to seems busy, what do I do?
A: Sometimes they have a lot of stuff to take care of. Tell them you need help once, they will get to you as soon as they are free. If it looks like they have forgotten, don’t feel nervous to ask again.
Q: What should I do if I am griefed?
A: If you have been the victim of griefing please talk to the Staff as soon as you can in game or make a post on the MC Unchained forums.
Q: I’m being harassed, what can the staff do to help?
A: If you feel that you are being harassed, contact a moderator in game or send a private message to them on the forums. If you are being bullied, logout immediately and contact the admins in the forums.
Q: Can I donate to get a higher user rank?
A: Donating to our server is optional, and does not offer any special privileges, ranks, or status to anyone. It also will not give you authority or power over any other players or the server staff.